I’m so thrilled to let you all know that I’ve been approached by Velvet Books to work on a series of anthologies with them.
Last month I finally had time to make it up to London to meet with the team and thrash out the details and I have to say it is looking like a very exciting project. I first met the team behind Velvet Books when they came to Eroticon 2013 and were delighted when they wanted to publish the conference anthology. While the Velvet Team have a solid commercial, design and marketing presence they were in need of someone to hook them up with writers – perhaps they were a bit shy of all the brains behind the steaming hot erotica that is being written at the moment? And so they asked me to be their front woman to kick start their anthologies collections.
With the call for submissions for Eroticon 2013 anthology, Southbank Seduction, ending soon, and boy-oh-boy do we have some fantastic contributions already, it is time for another call for submissions, this time for the Raising the Curtain, an anthology of theatrical erotica!
I love this theme, I trained as a dancer and there is something magical about being backstage – I’m sure it is a fertile ground for erotic inspiration!
Call for submissions : Raising the Curtain : An anthology of erotica inspired by the theatre.
What goes on behind the velvet curtains of the theatre?
Is there more drama backstage than onstage?
Does the sexual tension between the stars of the show get x-rated once the curtain drops and the audience has left?
We’re looking for erotica stories inspired by the drama of the theatre both on and offstage, from amateur dramatics to the high glamour of Broadway or the West End.
We have a strong preference for stories that have female characters and female pleasure as their focal point and have well developed characters and narratives. Although all work will be considered on merit.
Anthology submission guidelines:
- Submissions must be 3,000 to 5,000 word erotica stories and be original and your own work.
- Submissions are open to all writers.
- Deadline is 31st March 2014 for publication in summer 2014.
- Payment will be £50 per accepted story.
- The anthology will be edited by Ruby Kiddell, author of the BDSM novella Normal, editor of the Eroticon 2012 anthology Dirty Thoughts from the Back of the Room and the organiser of the Eroticon conferences for sex bloggers and erotica writers.
- Please send your story as a word document formatted to 10pt Arial, double spaced to or submit via our “Write for Velvet” page
- Please include “Raising the Curtain” and the title of the story in the email subject line.
- Please include your legal name, your pseudonym, email address and any social media or website links on the first page of your submission.
- The anthology will be published by Velvet Books, all sexual activity must be consensual and legal.
- Rights – 5 years worldwide exclusive audio, ebook and print.
- We will consider previously published work as long as it is out of contract, please indicate details in your cover note.
Image credit: Craig Hatfield via Flickr